Wednesday 29 October 2014

Mod rock

Here I have used mod rock to make a cast of my arm and face(with the help of friends) 

Firstly I put on a glove and cling filmed my arm as the mod rock would pull out any hairs I had on my arm. Then I took strips of mod rock I pre-cut dunked them in water and place them on my arm till my arm and hand was cover, only the top half of my arm otherwise my arm wud get stuck in the mod rock. Then a second layer of mod rock was applied going the opposite direction the first layered was applied.  




Next we moved on the mod rocking faces,

As done when mod rocking the arm, cling film is put all over the face and hair(apart from the nostrils) and the mod rock is placed on the face in strips with a second (and possible third) layer going in the opposite direction. The eyes should be the last thing that is mod rocked as when it has the model will be in complete darkness.Once the mod rock is dry(checked by tapping it with your fingers) it should easily come off when the model tilts their head forward.

Health and safety tips:
 It is important that you do not modrock all the way round the head or arm as it will get stuck.
Cling film is necessary when mod rocking parts of a person, as every one has hairs on their bodies.If the mod rock is applied directly to the hairs it will be extremely painful upon removing.
When mod rocking someone's face in particular it is important to communicate with them to make sure they don't feel claustrophobic. If the model panics the modrock mask should be taken off straight way( side note: make sure the mask if loose around the edges so it can be removed easily if needed)

No comments:

Post a Comment