Thursday 19 May 2016

FMP Brief.

For my FMP I will be researching into animal cruelty in the fashion and beauty industry.
I will create posters/ a series of photos ,that bring awareness to it/ speak up against it.

I will look to create prints to go onto the clothes that will be featured in the photoshoot.

For inspiration behind my work I will be looking into avant garde and the abstract expressionist movement.
Some artist within these movement that I will look into are Jackson Pollock who uses dripping paint to create his art and .....

Within avant garde I will be looking more specifically into the visual arts, fashion and makeup. Both of the time and contemporary imitations.

For my experimentation I will be looking into mixed media: drawing/painting/sewing over fashion and beauty adverts/ photos I have taken/fine art drawings,  as well as creating collages.
I also want to look into typography as another way to get the message across on my posters. Seeing how bold and bright text speaks up against controversial images. Also seeing if I can get the balance between the two.
I will also experiment with both shocking and disturbing art versus more subtle, metaphorical images. To see how the former faces against the art that takes a second to fully understand, and puts the issue into a perspective, rather than being in-your-face shocking and real. And which sticks more with a person.

To accompany my research into known artists I will also be looking into current advertisements and work being done by organisations such as PETA. To see how they get awareness across using modern techniques such as photoshop and on social media. See how this favours against the more 'traditional' techniques I want to work in.

To fully understand this topic I will be looking into the 'advantages' of animal testing and for animal cruelty campaigns. Though I will be going into this with obvious biasness I still thinks its important to look at both sides of the story and I think I can spin some of the points made to further my against side.

After investigating the circumstances in which animals are treated I've decided, for my self, to go full cruelty free and vegetarian. I will document my journey on my blog talking about the meals I eat (with pictures), cruelty free products that I am using and discussing my thoughts and feeling throughout the process as well as how the people around me react ( for example, my friends and family).







No comments:

Post a Comment