Friday 13 March 2015

Life Drawings


These are the outcomes from our last life drawing session. I used coloured pastle of white paper( with the exception of one done on black sugar paper).

To start with I did the outline of the body with one colour and then lightly added the shadows with one or more colours. I used these colours in certain directions to create a 3D effect. I then used contrasting colours to create depth to my work. Overa I am very happy with my outcomes, I really enjoyed using pastle because of the soft effect it gave and how easy is it to blend. A few parts I had difficult with were the hands and feet and one this particular day: Her face. I feel that I did quite well on the portions of the body except for possible the first picture as the pose she did was very difficult to draw as it involved figuring out where the arms and legs were in proportion to each other however though it may not be exact I don't think the end result looks bad at all and I am surprisiy pleased with how it turned out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment