Tuesday 31 March 2015

Sewhat evaluation

My Costume 

I made a mole costume for abbey. A few problems I found was that it wasn't supported very well so I decided to add some padding the shoulders which I think helped a little, other then that I think my head worked well, Abbey didn't complain about it so I'm assuming so. For her costume she wore her own black jeans, shoes and white shirt and I provided her with a tweed blazer I found in a charity shop and one of my own tartan scarf to finish off this look.

The costume I wore

I wore a mole head down the catwalk, I really liked mine I thought it was cute and quirky. The head fit like a helmet with the
nose going in front of my face, A multi coloured head scarf and glitterfied glasses adorned the head(which kept falling off and had to be glued on just before I went out). I was able to see perfect and the head fit just right if not a bit snug however it was still perfectly comfortable to wear.

Clothes wise I wore  my own black skinny jeans, ballet flats and  white shirt with a charity shop blazer.

My experience walking down the catwalk

I enjoyed the whole day, as we arrived quite early we got to chill out for the most of it, once we had practiced on the stage we just relaxed for the most part, playing pool and watching the Bowls. However leading up to going on stage I got very nervous about going on. But once on staged and the adrenaline kicked in I ended up really enjoying it. I felt the music worked really well and I thought the whole class did really well and did a fantastic opening to Sewhat.

Year 2 run
The year 2's work was based on metamorphosis:Titian 
First who came on was the stag, followed by the dogs running around the audience, At the end Kim came on dressed at Diana with a bit of randomness in between.

What I would do differently would be the make stag and dog masks instead of cutouts of the animal. I would also suggest creating  the story line on stage with Actaeon and Diana I think as the audience didn't know the context and they probably didn't understand what was happening.

Foundation run

The foundations theme was 'Alternative Miss World'
I think after watching the trailer for the pageant makes a lot more sense then beforehand. I think they did a good job of creating sadly and unusual clatumes fit for the event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment