Thursday 2 April 2015

ILLUSTRATION





This is my finished short story/comic book.In short it is about a lone shoe who gets in trouble and is helped my another lone shoe.They live happily every after.(or do they?) 

Evaluation.
Right, overalll Id say my comic was OK, yeah the story line is little dry and predictable and my characters aren't really that developed but I think my fight scene is good to say my characters have no arms or legs! I used lines to show  movement which I think worked out alright, and I like my two onomatopoeias I think though they only took seconds to draw the bring a lot to the cell they are in.
Another thing I like is that the fight scene backgrounds are in colours opposed the dark shelf the others are set in. I saw this in a lot of the comics in researched into and I think it works as they stand out a lot and make the fight more animated.

One thing I don't like is the ending, as I was running out of time I feel like  had no choice but to just end it as I did. However seeing if though we are extending these under a new topic I think I'm going to make my character go on more of a finding-out-who-I-am journey, and developing the character a lot more whilst introducing new people before he meets the girl.

I think my drawings of the shoes are quite good though I didn't manage to do as many different angles of the shoes as I woud have liked.

Another thing I found is that I just from the pictures alone I thought that it was a bit confusing and I wanted to give the character some back story and some thoughts so I decided to do a chunk of writing on each page explaining what was happening. Though I could of done it in more of a conventional way , it was a very last minute thing so I decided just to type it where I had spare room.In retrospect I should of put in a groovy coloured box and placed it somewhere better.

Overall my favorite but of my comic is the middle page with the fight, then the first page and lastly the last page which I feel needs a lot more work doing to it. I feel the fight page is good to say they are shoes, and I really like how the background turned out.

Thankyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment