Wednesday 8 April 2015

Fight scene

This is great drawing showing the early stages of a comic book fight.I took note of this in my sketchbook as well of others. I love how the angle used shows the fluid motion and speed of the fight. 
I love the use of the lines in this comic book which shows movement.The scene in the middle particularly I think will help me as one of my scenes I pictured something like this.



I really like how the added a close up of of one the characters faces in the comic.

The uses of the sparks(?) in this one page really brings it to life! Though the characters are only stood in one position the used of onomatopoeias, speech and the way it is animated makes it seem love action. 

I really like how the the background changes from and out door setting to just colour as the focus leans more on the fight then the setting.



As there is going to be  a fight in my comic I have decided to research into how existing comic books have done there fight scenes.I looked at the angles used in each cell and how the artist represented the fluid motions of the fight: I looked at the colours used in the backgrounds, the way the lines in the background are angled to show movement and the onomatopoeias used.

I really like how the background on these makes the characters the focal point of the cell as well as how the white swooping lines show the movement of the characters. 




No comments:

Post a Comment