Tuesday 21 April 2015

Alice In wonderland Inspiration


Here are some photos I found on tumblr which show how other people have depicted Alice in wonderland into their own shoot or makeup.


Firstly, we have the Queen of hearts.

I love the simplicity of this photo, with the red standing out against the models pale face and blonde hair.

I think the way the hair styled in this one.The overall look is quirky and stylised 


I love the way the artist has used the makeup to make the lips appear puckered and the doll like effect of the freaked and big eyes

Makeup wise , this is one of my favorites, I love the heart drawn around the face, the eyebrows are perfection as are the eyes. The little heart finished off the look beautifully.




This simple yet effective look is also one my favorites , I really like the use of cards and the clubs along the eyebrows.


I like this more realistic take on the queen of hearts( opposed to the stylised, fashion ones) as a photo. The background really completes the look.


Next , here are some looks of Alice.

I love the way the cards are being thrown towards the camera in this photo, it reminds me of John Tenniels illustrations of Alice where the cards are being thrown over Alice.



This is more of a fashion shoot version of Alice , I love the oversized clock used.



I really like the vintage feel to this image , with the teacup showing Alice in her shrunken state.


Here the artist has used Alice's signature headband and the cards laid around her to show that the brunette model is Alice, it shows that props and costumes make the characters.




In the image I particularly like how it's taken with the branches in front and around Alice.


Here is a makeup artist take on Alice's look.I love the blue used for the eyeshadow.


I found this image on Cosmopolitan, i love the flower crown and the hair.


Again with this image with the branches woven into the hair , I love the way it connects the model to nature. 

In this image I think how the sun is shinning behind the model created a glow around her is beautiful.

Cheshire Cat, I found some simply amazing takes on the Cheshire Cat done by some very talented makeup artists.

The first a very literal take on it , the inspiration from Tim Burtons film, the half faced look represents the film version almost exactly.



Next a softer, more wearable look. The hazy purple eyeshadow is beautiful and I love the way she has done the cats mouth.

Lastly a more cartoon/Halloween version of the look. I think the mouth is brilliant on this look! 



White rabbit, I love this quirky take on the white rabbit , I think the hair is wonderful and an unique take.


White queen , Here we have model Cara Delevingne, though she may not be portraying the queen in this image , i feel the part fits perfectly with her blonde hair flowing and the white lace dress with a high neckline , down to her straighback, hands together pose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment