Wednesday 20 January 2016

Experimenting with plaster and colour and clay



Here I used shards of clay to create a cave , similar to way I created my paper cave, I placed the peices of clay on one another rather than moulding it , the result was rugid with a lot of texture which I thought was really effective.

Next I created another clay model which was then to be re created on a large scale using wire and plaster.
I made this which was to represent Diana and her nymphs on a rock in the cave.





Unfortunately I didn't photograph my process of making the plaster sculpture.
But basically I used chicken wire which I cut (whilst wearing gloves and eye protection) and molded into shape I then covered it in scrim and long drying plaster.

Onto the fun part! 
I mixed powder paint and plaster together to creat a purple , however I didn't mix it completely as I wanted to create a 'marbled' effect with it .
I then simple pored the plaster on to my sculpture.
And finished it off by splattering some more powder paint on it.

A close up of the marbled effect



Overall I love my sculpture! I'm really happy with the way the coloured plaster came out.




Next I experiemented some more with the marble effect by poring plaster onto a peice of polystyrene. This time though j swirled it about using my gloved incased finger.
I love how this turned out , with the plaster running off the side.


A quick experiment I did with powder paint , I literally just took handfuls of each colour and layed them all up, very Jackson Pollock.


Broken peices of coloured plaster 

Here I made on slab of plaster and basically just smashed it up and added powered paint in the cracks 


This was made by putting plaster into a bowl with colour , the effect reminds me of a photo of the earth from space with the clouds and the sea , very fluid and mesmerising.

Again broken peices of plaster I stood up and placed together to created a little composition.

Here I put plaster into a polystyrene rectangle to create these brick type shapes,I then added colour plaster on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment