Thursday 24 March 2016

photography

As part of our work for this unit we were asked to take some photos using the macro and super macro setting on a camera.

For my own work I decided to look around outside of our building to see if anything caught my eye and these are the photos I ended up taking.

Going out with the camera I had a slight idea of what I wanted but nothing set in stone. As these are to be used for posters advertising the creative industry I thought it would be nice to take picture of the nature that surrounds our art block. I personally feel really inspired by the world around us and the natural beauty that is created every day for example asunset/sunrise to something to appears either sporadically or seasonally such as a flower or a tree. I also like when nature meets man made objects such as ivy growing on the side of a house or a building slowing being decayed by weather.

Luckily , unlike the rest of our college , our isolated art building is surrounded by nature; the results of it being alienated and unkept means it's a great place to take some beautiful photos.


These are of a bush I stumbled upon.I took these using the recommended macro and super macro on the camera. 
I love the result of these as even though the bush wasn't very big the outcome makes it look like an infinite jungle.






As its spring a number of daffodils have sprung up around the college but I saw this daffodil in particular stood tall alone.



Random stuff always seems to appear out of nowhere and I saw this gate just casually lent against the wall.
I like the whole rustic feel it has.

This is a close up shot of the side of the gate , I really like how the plant how wound its way around the side and also the contrast between the green and the rusty mental.





























No comments:

Post a Comment