Tuesday 1 March 2016

SKETCHBOOK


My sketchbook for my Mock FMP.



Initial idea mind map 


A pen drawing of the Northern Lights.


Here I looked into ecosystems as they are at risk thanks to water pollution.
I did a simple pen outline of fish on tracing paper against a colourful splattered background done using ink.


On this page I looked in different textures. I based all these on the picture of a coral on the left. The piece on the right was done using a hot glue gun and paint onto cardboard to get the '3D' effect of the coral.


Behind this I used string which I dyed using ink to get a different kind of effect.
On the right page is my experimentation.
For the top left I used a glue glue on cling film and whilst the glue was still hot I added ink, the result was the ink bubbled inside the glue which looked really cool.
Next to that I drew my coral circles using ink on corrugated cardboard then added the glue gun.
Middle left was created used washing up liquid and ink mixed together , I then used a straw and blew into the concoction to create bubbles ,I then layed paper over it to get the inprint of the bubbles
Next to this bubble wrap in its original form.
Bottom left is think and a hot glue gun again, this time just done on paper.
And lastly next to that is bubble wrap which I painted over using acrylics and the picture of the coral as reference to try and recreate the same effect , which I think turned out really well.


Here is a water colour painting of the ice caps melting which I like as its

Here is a peice I did to represent the damaging use that oil and fossil fuels are having on our Earth.
I used acrylic and a photo for reference to create an accurate and realistic painting of the world , I then quite carelessly splattered and pored black ink from the top of the page and let it run down to the bottom to represent the oil.
I think the overall effect of this is strong and quite shocking.  

Here I wanted to try something a bit different , I looked into line drawings and pop art. The girl crying was created using sharpies, the eyes closed; a blue biro and the 3 faces are based of an artist called An Claes and drawn by me using a black biro. 
The two quotes were made using a stencil and black sharpies.

This was a quick page I did for my photo shoot , I drew the 'toxic/nuclear' symbol which I then painted onto a dust mask, I also experimented with the sign by making it 'drippy' with ink and also spattered some 'blood' on there which was made using watered down acrylic.


These are some pictures from my photo shoot which I printed out and stuck down , I did some little doodles around them in black and red sharpies , making them a little more sinister.

Here are my final pictures from my shoot which I printed out onto high gloss paper which I think looks way better then normal paper and as it really gives it hat profession touch. I edited these on my phone used an App called VSCO and for the one where it's all black and white except for the mask and App called 'Colour Pop' 
Overall I am very happy with my photos , then turned out better than I was expecting. I feel they have very industrial feel them with the background of one our studios and the with the strong lighting/shadows.


No comments:

Post a Comment