Tuesday 20 January 2015

Life Drawings



Using chalk on black sugar paper I have drawn the models showing the highlights only.

the first photo shows three 5 minutes drawing while the second photo shows a 15 minute drawing( though I did start again half way through).

In the 5 minute drawings I noticeable avoid drawing the hands as I find it rather difficult to get them looking right therefore I will be doing further research into how to draw hands (and feet) .

Another thing I feel like I should improve on ,whilst doing this particular technique, is to avoid just doing the outline of the body instead I feel I should focus more of the shapes of the highlight that make up the body instead.

Furthermore, I feel like I should be a bit more free with the chalk as I feel like some parts of the drawing, particularly the very first 5 minute drawing,is quite  restrictive. 

The second photo which shows the 15 minute drawing, obviously is not finished as I started again half way because I felt my first attempt was not in proposition though this could be because of the way my easel was placed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment