Monday 29 June 2015

Commedia Dell'arte Mask

I have decided to my mask on the stick character Arlecchino.
Also known as Harlequin, he is a servant who is mischievous and light-hearted.He pursues his love interest, Colombina , with wit and resourcefulness. He is often depicted wearing a chequered costume and I particularly like his round features and snub nose.


Firstly I had my face cast using mod rock.
Once that was dry I used clay to build up my mask onto my cast(so that it would fit my face perfectly).
Once my clay mask was finished I then started to add the latex.
I used soft soap all over my mask to stop the latex from sticking , I then added around 4 layers on latex in turn to build my mask.
Next I then added latex thickener to my mixture of latex and added 2 layers of this on top.
It was then time to add paint!
The paint was to be added to the latex formula otherwise it would crack.
Firstly I did a layer a white before deciding on a colour.
I chose to do a gradient , dark pink to light pink for mask.
Once I had done a few layer with this it was time for the glitter!
I added dark and light pink glitter to the corresponding colours to finish of my design :


Over all I am particular proud of my mask , I really like the finishing outcome!
I think I did all the techniques well and I had a lot of fun making my mask!



No comments:

Post a Comment