Monday 1 June 2015

Hoax

For the Hoax project I have decided to create Alien sighting/ 'Caught on camera'.

To start off with I am using images from google, this include empty roads from a cars point of view and 'aliens' which have been photographed. Using Photoshop i have merged and edited the photos together to create my own Hoax.
I will however, use my own photos for my final piece.



These are some of the backgrounds I have used. I chose these as i wanted it to be at night with the headlights illuminating the empty road ahead , which is wear my alien will be placed. The second photo is one i found when I googled 'Area 51 at night', which i thought would be a great way to add context to my work.





These are some 'real' aliens which i found on google, I chose this as they already have the effect of being caught on a camera.Also because i felt these were the most realistic and scary aliens available. 


Here are two of my finished Hoaxs. I used the same car POV but different aliens. On the first photo I added orange to the alien to give it the eerie glow of the back light , I then blurred and smudged it to make it appear to be moving.
On the second photo I, once again, smudged and blurred my alien  but this time i took down the opacitiy. I then merged the alien with the background and added a green hue to the photo to give it the 'Night camera" effect. 



Next i decided to move on and look into UFO sightings. I found this image on google, I chose this one in particular as I liked the Polaroid camera effect it has.




I decided to use an original photo for my next hoax and found this one in my camera roll which ~I took one evening when I went for a walk around my town. I really love this photo for the pastel pinks and purples in the sky.

To start with i simply added my UFO(which i got from google) to the photo, I then took down the saturation and made the picture darker by taking down the lightness.
I blurred the entire image and used the smudge tool to drag out one side of the UFO to give it movement.




I then decided to use the same two images again however i manipulated them differently.For this one I decided I wanted to make it look more or the less the same as the image I researched. To do this I used the filter Noise which gave it a grainy effect. I then selected on half of the image and took down the saturation to make it darker.





Here I have manipulated the image again, this time i gave it a vintage polaroid effect, I used the Clouds effect(white and a light brown) for the background and then added my image. To the image i changed the hue to an orange and took down the saturation to make it faded:this gave it a Sepia effect. I then used the eraser tool in various effects and opacities to give it a weathered look.





No comments:

Post a Comment