Monday 29 June 2015

Illustration


For the end of Unit 78 I decided to move on from my comic book story to something that I find more interesting.
I have decided to do a painting rather that comic book style art.

I thought about what kind of genres I find enjoyable and decided to do an 'End of the world' dystopian city-scape. (Think disaster movies , hunger games , war of the worlds etc) 

 
These two images I found from Google showing a depiction of the end of the world.
A ghost city left to decay.

 a scene from War of the worlds showing one of the aliens in the street.


 a scene from a movie(the day after tomorrow) shows a wave crashing down he streets of New York


3 movie posters from the film The day after tomorrow with the tag line 'where will you be?' showing famous tourist attracts being destroyed by nature.
Tournado ripping though LA

A tidal wave seconds away from crashing into a city.





This is my final piece, I used an end of the world meteor shower inspiration for my painting. I used acrylic paint for the sky and tissue paper and sugar paper for the city scape.I used a sponge to create the fluffy texture of the clouds.

I am relatively happy with the sky however the city scale did have the effect that I had originally hoped for. Still overall I quite like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment