Monday 15 June 2015

National geographic

For this one day project we were to create our own version of the National geographic front cover. everybody added the same effect to their faces with the same border(though not in the same colour) so they would all look consistent when placed together for out end of year show.












firstly I saved my image under a new name, and cropped the back ground out. I then went into 'selective colour' chose white and took out all the yellow,blue and red to give it a crisp white background.




I then made two layers , one named darken(with the darken effect) and one named lighten (with the lighten effect) these were then taken down to the opacity of 40% and 60% 





I then used the blur tool to guve myself the 'airbrush' effect.

next I merge the layers into one.


Next I created a layer mask






and used the eraser tool in my clothes hair eyes and mouth, so only my skin was airbrush ( otherwise it looks unrealistic) 



I played around with duplicating myself and changing the colour , however for my final piece I did not chose this 

Next I added my border , I chose lilac and it was time to add my photo and quote 



I chose to quote ' I woke up like this, flawless' which I thought was quite fitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment