Wednesday 8 July 2015

Mole head.


For wind of the willows i was given the character of Mole.These are based on Mardi Gras.
To make my head I started with a cardboard box and cut two sides out, the entire of the bottom and the middle section of the front , so it is worn like a helmet . I then added the nose which consist of 2 pieces of cardboard, one long part and one small square to make the snout and the nostrils. Once my base was made I then used rolled up newspaper and duck tape to make the sides and top rounded to look more like a head.
Once it had the shape I wanted I then covered the entire head in newspaper covered in PVA glue.





I added a few layers of this before painting it, I used black hill and dabbed paint on top to give it the fur texture that moles have.  For the finishing touches i used wire to create glasses and whiskers.









Overall I am quite happy with my head, i think to say 3D was never my strong point , it is obvious what animal it is which i think is an achievement in itself.
A few problems i had was that it didn't stay straight on my model therefore i added padding to the shoulders so that it rested better which did improve it.


Clothes wise my model wore skinny black jeans, a white shirt and a tweed waistcoat which i found in a charity shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment