Tuesday 10 February 2015

Learning Survival Guide: Lightbulb


   
  

Here is another idea for the Learner Survival Guide. This is based upon my surrealism research and the metaphor of a lightbulb symbolising a 'bright idea'.

For this I took photos of my friend holding a light bulb against black paper then, using photoshop I inverted the image and merged the original and inverted images together.

To do the 'bubble' imaged I layered the original image over the inverted one and using the eraser tool, erased parts of the original revealing the inverted one beneath it. 

I decided for my final outcome to do the 'merged' effect however I positioned the normal and inverted images like reflections.

Overall I am happy with my final design, I feel it communicates a message to the target audience whilst being aesthetically pleasing. However one problem I have with this is the quality of the image isn't as high in resolution as I would of liked it be and if I was able to redo I would take a closer photograph of the lightbulb so it wouldn't be as pixelated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment