Tuesday 10 February 2015

Alice in Wonderland Brief

For this project we have been asked to create a piece(s) of work based on Alice in Wonderland which links in with our chosen career path. As I am looking towards doing Fashion Communications at University I have decided to create a (fashion) magazine based upon the fictional place Wonderland and the characters in it as this is a contextual way to put together all the aspects of fashion I will be studying. I will chose a name for my magazine and create a typeface and house style which will be consistent throughout my magazine. The magazine will consist of a dozen or so pages plus a front cover consisting of mainly photographs I have took and edited( included a 'look book' and my own version of some of scenes), which I will direct, style and take myself.Interviews with some of the main characters with quotes from the book will also be featured in the magazine.
For this project I am going to use photography for all the images that will be featured in the magazine and on the phone cover. These images will be enhanced on Abdobe Photoshop and finally the layout and finished piece will be put together on Adobe Illustrator 
 For the project I am looking into existing fashion magazines , their layouts and front covers.These include Vogue, Interview and Dazed and Confused. by doing this I will get an idea on the kind of 'look' I want my magazine to have and what style of photos ( for example , taken against a plain background or taken at a location). The time scale of this project is Januray to June 15. To make sure I stay on track , as a class we have Group Critique sessions every 2 weeks. Every lesson I will write down what I have achieve and what I need to do in next lesson as to not lose my works progress.





No comments:

Post a Comment